Saturday, May 17, 2014

Thrills & Chills

you start out curiously,
the eager brain processes the view.
your mind races furiously,
you smile without a clue

then suddenly you stumble,
you don't know how or why.
now you start to fumble,
frustrated, you want to cry.

your ego is stripped away
you are made to lay bare.
you want to run away,
but you don't dare!

you frantically seek the unknown,
there's no time left to spare.
the arrogance is long gone,
now you really do care.

finally the belief sets in,
you know exactly what to do.
you start to redirect your efforts,
you know you'll make it through

the end is near,
neurons firing madly.
no more fear,
you surrender yourself gladly.

the brain goes into hyper drive,
oxygen it begins to guzzle.
this is what happens,
when you meet a fiendish puzzle! 





2 comments:

  1. Seems like you haven't yet cracked the puzzle :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I did crack it! That's why I wrote this - to illustrate the various thoughts that went through my mind as I worked on it. I'm relieved that I manage to solve it.

      Delete